We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
In this guide we will show you how to clean silver using natural methods; on the market we find numerous products that are effective enough to make silver like new, but they are harmful to the environment in which we live! Natural products to clean silver are commonly found in our homes, why resorting to dangerous substances? Here how to clean silver; what is needed is manpower because everything is already in our kitchen!
When silver objects blacken due to oxidation of the most superficial layer of silver, it is better to clean them with natural products rather than relying on synthetic detergents. Not only for our health but also for that of silverware. Synthetic cleaners contain abrasives which are sometimes too aggressive. In addition, classic shelf products may contain toxic substances that are difficult to dispose of and highly harmful to the health of the environment.
How to clean silver, what we need
- An aluminum foil
- A liter of water
- A spoonful of baking soda
- A pot large enough to hold your silverware
- Heat resistant pliers or gloves
How to clean silver, the instructions
- Cover the inside of the pot with aluminum foil.
- Fill the pot with water and add the baking soda. Bring to a boil.
- Take your silverware and immerse it in water. It should only take 10 seconds to clean the silver but if the objects are very dirty, let them "soak" a few more seconds
- Use the pliers to remove your silverware from the water.
Here are your silver objects clean.
How to clean silver, protection
This natural method to clean silver uses the reaction between aluminum, sodium bicarbonate and silver. The most demanding housewives, after following our instructions, could finish the job by rubbing the silver with a soft cloth wet with a couple of drops of olive oil. The drops of olive oil form a natural anti-fog layer and temporarily protect your silverware.