We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Have you ever tried to replace chemical cleaners with do-it-yourself detergents? There are several natural products available at home such as vinegar, sodium bicarbonate, lemon that have degreasing, disinfectant and sanitizing properties!
Do-it-yourself detergents with vinegar
Vinegar is an excellent limescale remover: for the procedure, just pour a quantity on a damp sponge and pass it over taps, sinks and showers: the effect will be very bright! If the taps or shower head holes are blocked due to too much limescale, all you have to do is unscrew them and leave them to soak for a few hours in a container full of vinegar.
To clean the floor effectively, you can mix a glass of vinegar and a few drops of dish soap into the bucket. But be careful not to use vinegar on marble because it will ruin it.
To remove rust from steel and knives, you can prepare a solution of hot water and vinegar to be wiped with a clean cloth and then scrubbed vigorously.
DIY detergents with baking soda
Sodium bicarbonate is a precious ally in cleaning: thanks to its countless properties it is able to effectively replace many products that we use for daily house cleaning. In this regard, here is a list of cleaning that we can do with baking soda
- Floor cleaning: just add 2 tablespoons to a bucket of hot water
- Newborn laundry
- In the washing machine as a fabric softener
- Cleaning of bathroom fixtures
- Cleaning stained carpets
- Cleaning the cat litter box
- Cleaning the dustbin to remove bad smells
- Cleaning the shower curtains
- To remove possible bad smells in sneakers
- As an odor remover in ashtrays
DIY detergents with lemon
Lemon is also a great ally in cleaning. In this regard, here is a recipe for washing dishes both in the dishwasher and by hand
- Take 5 lemons and cut them into small pieces, taking care to remove the seeds.
- Pass them in the mixer, adding 250 grams of salt and water as required.
- Put the mixture obtained in a pot together with 150 ml of white vinegar and about half a liter of water
- Boil and stir often to prevent the mixture from sticking then let it cool.
- Put the preparation in glass jars