We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Peppers, typical summer vegetables, are very versatile in the kitchen; they can be cooked as a side dish, they can be the main ingredient for a first course or they can represent a single dish such as stuffed peppers. They are also very consumed to enrich many delicious sandwiches! But alas, peppers are not available all year round. In this regard, it might be a good idea to keep them in oil to be able to enjoy them all year round. Let's see in detail how to make peppers in oil following our recipe step by step.
Before proceeding with the preparation, make sure that the peppers are large, fleshy, free from bruises and without parts damaged or cooked by the sun. Since they are delicate vegetables with a rather short shelf life, it is preferable to buy them on the same day you decide to put them in oil.
How to make peppers in oil, what we need
- 2 kilos of organic red peppers:
- 2 liters of apple cider vinegar
- 2 liter of water
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 chilli
- 6 teaspoons of salt
- A handful of pine nuts
- Hermetically sealed sterilized jars
Useful information: put the peppers in a solution of water and bicarbonate if they did not come from your own garden or from organic farming
How to make peppers in oil, the preparation
- After washing the peppers thoroughly under running water, cut them in half then remove the core, the white filaments and the seeds.
- Once this is done, cut the peppers into fillets
- In a very large steel pot pour in the vinegar, water, salt and let it boil
- As soon as the water boils, put the peppers inside
- Stir and cook for about 3 minutes after boiling resumes
- Drain the peppers and let them cool on a clean cloth
- Take the sterilized jars and pour the pepper fillets with chopped garlic, chilli and some pine nuts
- Cover the fillets entirely with oil and wait a day before closing them
- The next day, re-melt more oil and plug hermetically: to make sure that the oil penetrates well, put the jars upside down for a few minutes then uncorked, pour any oil and put the cap back on
- Store in the pantry, away from sources of heat and humidity
- Let at least 1 month pass before consuming them.