We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Thered beetroot risottoit is considered a very light, flavorful and even dishromantic,so much so that many count this dish among the most suitable courses for Valentine's Day. No… thebeetrootit has no aphrodisiac properties, the association with the party of lovers arises from the color of the bright red betanine pigment. Betanine is widely used in the agri-food industry as a natural colorant, in fact, thanks tobeetroot, the risotto that will be obtained will be completely red and can give life to nice flans, risottos or timbales of rice.
Risotto with red beets- ingredients for two people
- 180 grams of rice
- 1 medium-sized beetroot
- 2 tablespoons of spreadable goat cheese
- Salt as needed
- 1/2 small onion
To garnish and obtain an excellent scenic effect, it is possible to have a heart-shaped extendable mold and gold crumbs for food use. Alternatively, goat cheese flakes and some poppy seeds could be fine.
Risotto with red beets- method
- Peel thebeetand cut it into small pieces. Boil the tuber for 10 - 15 minutes and in the meantime….
- In a large pan, fry the finely chopped onion. Add half a glass of water to dry the onion without burning it.
- Add the rice and toast it for a few minutes.
- Drain half of the boiled beets and add them to the pan with the rice.
- Pour a couple of ladles of beetroot cooking water into the pan.
- Stirring occasionally. Let the broth withdraw and with a fork, mash the beetroot cubes (optional).
- Before finishing cooking the rice, in a blender, blend the remaining beetroot and add to the pot.
- Mix well until you get a very romantic red risotto.
- Mix the cheese and let the risotto rest and finally serve.
Red beets Properties
The reduced calorie content and the high amount of minerals make red turnips a perfect food for low-calorie diets. According to some studies thebeetrootit could be a food capable of preventing cancer or even fighting it. The beetroot is contraindicated for diabetics and for those suffering from kidney stones, on the contrary, it is strongly recommended for those suffering from anemia.
Other beetroot recipes:
Fresh pasta with beets and pistachios
Ziti with beets